It's a (lucky) dog's life

Slug And Snail Bait Poisoning In Dogs

Posted on

The active ingredient in most brands of slug and snail bait sold for use in residential gardens is metaldehyde. This chemical is highly toxic to dogs, and ingestion of even a small amount can damage your dog’s nervous system. It can also, unfortunately, be fatal if your dog isn’t treated promptly. Here’s what you need to know about slug and snail bait poisoning in dogs: Symptoms Your dog will quickly develop the following symptoms when they have ingested metaldehyde: Read More»

4 Questions You Should Ask Your Vet before Making Important Pet Care Decisions

Posted on

Taking care of your pet will invariably involve a visit to the vet, whether for routine check-up or to diagnose and treat some ailment your pet has. Just like treatment for humans, you may not always be able to provide the best treatment/care options suggested for your pet, and you therefore need to be armed with all of the facts to make the best decisions for you and your pet. The following questions can help you to get the most out of your veterinarian’s extensive knowledge of animal care. Read More»